Dialog: Adding non X- headers
Sqwertz
2018-05-30 05:50:23 UTC
How do you add a Mail-Copies-To: header to Dialog without using a
script?

Pretty standard, old-time header. Dialog honors the header during
replies, but doesn't seem to be able to insert it into posts.

-sw
Bernd Rose
2018-05-30 20:49:37 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
How do you add a Mail-Copies-To: header to Dialog without using a
script?
Pretty standard, old-time header. Dialog honors the header during
replies, but doesn't seem to be able to insert it into posts.
I guess, you just overlooked it on the "All headers" page?

Bernd
Sqwertz
2018-05-31 16:49:23 UTC
Post by Bernd Rose
Post by Sqwertz
How do you add a Mail-Copies-To: header to Dialog without using a
script?
Pretty standard, old-time header. Dialog honors the header during
replies, but doesn't seem to be able to insert it into posts.
I guess, you just overlooked it on the "All headers" page?
I should have been more specific. I want to automatically add the
header every time I post using a certain identity. There's a
dropdown of non-X headers you can add to an identity, but
Post by Sqwertz
I should have been more specific. I want to automatically add the
header every time I post using a certain identity. There's a
dropdown of non-X headers you can add to an identity, but
list?
No. It is hard-coded. Even patching the string list in the *.exe
itself (or inserting an adjusted header definition in settings.ini)
wouldn't amount to anything, because the processing of those headers
is hard-coded, as well. - It does not loop through that string list
(or the header-assignments found inside settings.ini), but through
a fixed predefined name space.

Bernd
Sqwertz
2018-06-07 05:20:12 UTC
Post by Bernd Rose
Post by Sqwertz
I should have been more specific. I want to automatically add the
header every time I post using a certain identity. There's a
dropdown of non-X headers you can add to an identity, but
list?
No. It is hard-coded. Even patching the string list in the *.exe
itself (or inserting an adjusted header definition in settings.ini)
wouldn't amount to anything, because the processing of those headers
is hard-coded, as well. - It does not loop through that string list
(or the header-assignments found inside settings.ini), but through
a fixed predefined name space.
Thanks for the confirmation of what I suspected.

-sw
Tony Gamble
2021-07-02 08:27:02 UTC

Tony Gamble