How do we block neodome.net?
Usenet Support Personnel
2021-03-11 00:23:55 UTC
It used to be that we could block BAD news hosters by something in
their XOVERS. But how do we now block BAD news hosters who don't
provide any unique details in their XOVERS?

It purposely defeats the long-standing agreement that you will only
peer with honest and reputable new servers. Not just relay 99%
trolls and spam through your peering agreements.

Yet the major peers pretend to be oblivious to this because 99% of
their revenue comes from illegal binary traffic. And fuck the text
groups who they provide text-only peering with (and binaries for a
extra charge).

It's time to get some more Attorney Generals to just shut down
Usenet - PERIOD. Fuck That Giganews/FBI lobby. It's time to
download some of that kiddie porn and publish it and document to the
World where exactly we got it from and who's hosting it. And why.
AnonymousCoward
2021-03-11 08:37:42 UTC
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: How do we block neodome.net?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 08:37:42 -0000 (UTC)
I haven't seen a path in the header for years. And PATH is not in
XOVER.

I've quoted your path as here is a neodome path.

From: John Kuthe <***@bjc.org>
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: confess tpRe: Sunday Supper
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 08:03:40 +1100
<***@4ax.com>
Post by Usenet Support Personnel
I've quoted your path as here is a neodome path.
Path is a mandatory field. That's why i recommended that.

A quick search yield a result from news.software.nntp with:

"""
The HW Media Usenet backbone stopped providing the real 'Path' header
to customers back in 2012. The alleged reason was "to protect our
proprietary architecture".
"""

I wasn't aware that a provider wouldn't set the standard headers.

Please check https://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html

Other than that, I would recommend to avoid using highwinds (omicron).

Regards
Sqwertz
2021-04-08 05:53:25 UTC
Post by AnonymousCoward
Post by Usenet Support Personnel
I've quoted your path as here is a neodome path.
Path is a mandatory field. That's why i recommended that.
"""
The HW Media Usenet backbone stopped providing the real 'Path' header
to customers back in 2012. The alleged reason was "to protect our
proprietary architecture".
Thank you for that, BTW. I never looked into why it was stripped.
Post by AnonymousCoward
I wasn't aware that a provider wouldn't set the standard headers.
Please check https://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Other than that, I would recommend to avoid using highwinds (omicron).
I have two different servers. For a long time, one of them wasn't
Highwinds (usenetnews.com, IIRC). But now they're both Highwinds.

And if I were to use a different server(s) that would mean I would
forfeit the whopping ~$3/ea I paid for these accounts 12+ years ago
(block accounts - I only do text groups). And I'm determined to die
penniless, so I can't have any leftover Usenet bandwidth as that
would be considered an asset ;-) One of these days day I'm going to
post an article and I'm going to get an error "Over quota" and then
go ker-splat. In my ideal scenario, at least.

-sw
AnonymousCoward
2021-04-08 14:01:29 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
And if I were to use a different server(s) that would mean I would
forfeit the whopping ~$3/ea I paid for these accounts 12+ years ago
What's "~$3/ea"? Are you peering data? How much data is consumed per month?

Nowadays the prices are very cheap. A 2000 GiB block costs $45, one year of unlimited (10Mbits) costs around $20 (consumer prices).
VanguardLH
2021-03-12 05:03:30 UTC
Here is an archived copy of that article:

http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3C89of4gdf92505u00qgurs1ks61i4r1mjrq%404ax.com%3E

The PATH header *does* specify the injection node. Its value is:

neodome is identified as the injection node. Even if you use the same
NNTP server as the other poster, the injection node in the PATH header
is required to show that NNTP server (although it may be after other
Usenet providers due to NNTP resellers reselling Usenet services from
another Usenet provider, and so on). Talk to your own Usenet provider
(usenet-news.net) to inquire why they are stripping the PATH header to
their users.

The Organization header even says the article originated at neodome.
So, why not test on that? I did "telnet news.neodome.net 119" and
issued "list overview.fmt". Organization is not an overview header from
them, so, again, you'll need to test on it as a non-overview header.

Now you need how to get your NNTP client to download headers+body (to
get all of them instead of just the overview headers), so you can test
on ANY header whether overview or non-overview assuming your NNTP client
lets you test on ANY header, not just on overview headers.

To get help on Forte Agent to configure it to retrieve ALL of a message,
not just overview headers, and how to define filters on non-overview
headers, ask its community focused on that product in the newsgroup at:

alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Frank Slootweg
2021-03-12 12:25:58 UTC
VanguardLH <***@nguard.lh> wrote:
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
Now you need how to get your NNTP client to download headers+body (to
get all of them instead of just the overview headers), so you can test
on ANY header whether overview or non-overview assuming your NNTP client
lets you test on ANY header, not just on overview headers.
To get help on Forte Agent to configure it to retrieve ALL of a message,
not just overview headers, and how to define filters on non-overview
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Don't waste you time. Besides using a bogus nym and a bogus e-mail
address, it plays around with its 'User-Agent:' header, none in the OP
and sofar two different ones (Forte Free Agent and News Rover).
Adam H. Kerman
2021-03-12 17:57:42 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
Now you need how to get your NNTP client to download headers+body (to
get all of them instead of just the overview headers), so you can test
on ANY header whether overview or non-overview assuming your NNTP client
lets you test on ANY header, not just on overview headers.
To get help on Forte Agent to configure it to retrieve ALL of a message,
not just overview headers, and how to define filters on non-overview
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Don't waste you time. Besides using a bogus nym and a bogus e-mail
address, it plays around with its 'User-Agent:' header, none in the OP
and sofar two different ones (Forte Free Agent and News Rover).
What the fuck is your problem? VanguardLH carefully where to find the
pattern to be matched in one's kill file. You deliberately snipped it
out, then told the O.P. "Don't waste you time."

Yes, VanguardLH gave good advice. There is a pattern to match. As you
are not just being unhelpful but deliberately contradicting good advice,
you need to drop out of this thread and shut the fuck up.
Frank Slootweg
2021-03-12 18:40:26 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
Now you need how to get your NNTP client to download headers+body (to
get all of them instead of just the overview headers), so you can test
on ANY header whether overview or non-overview assuming your NNTP client
lets you test on ANY header, not just on overview headers.
To get help on Forte Agent to configure it to retrieve ALL of a message,
not just overview headers, and how to define filters on non-overview
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Don't waste you time. Besides using a bogus nym and a bogus e-mail
address, it plays around with its 'User-Agent:' header, none in the OP
and sofar two different ones (Forte Free Agent and News Rover).
What the fuck is your problem? VanguardLH carefully where to find the
pattern to be matched in one's kill file. You deliberately snipped it
out, then told the O.P. "Don't waste you time."
Huh!? Take a chill pill, will you!?

My attribution line says "VanguardLH <***@nguard.lh> wrote:" *and* I
quoted VanguardLH's text *and* I did *not* quote the OP's text, so what
on earth makes you think I addressed the OP!?

[Rest of misguided rant left for completeness:]
Adam H. Kerman
2021-03-12 21:01:23 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
[...]
You quoted selectively from VanguardLH. You are further compounding your
misrepresentation and unhelpfulness by lying about what you did.
Post by Frank Slootweg
quoted VanguardLH's text *and* I did *not* quote the OP's text, so what
on earth makes you think I addressed the OP!?
I did not say you misattributed the quote. I say that you selectively
quoted of VanguardLH to remove the part of the quote in which he provided
pattern matching that would indeed be useful for a kill file entry.

That you are now claiming to be instructing VanguardLH "Don't waste you
time" makes even less sense since, clearly, he understands the concept
of how to find a patter to filter on for a kill file entry.

You are unbelievable.
Frank Slootweg
2021-03-12 21:33:32 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
[...]
Yes, I snipped - with a snip-mark - a part which was irrelevant for my
response. Get over it! My "misrepresentation", "unhelpfulness" and
"lying" are only in your warped mind.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
quoted VanguardLH's text *and* I did *not* quote the OP's text, so what
on earth makes you think I addressed the OP!?
I did not say you misattributed the quote. I say that you selectively
quoted of VanguardLH to remove the part of the quote in which he provided
pattern matching that would indeed be useful for a kill file entry.
Again: Duh! Was that (removed part) relevant for my advice to
VanguardLH not to waste his time on the OP? Answer: Of course not!
Post by Adam H. Kerman
That you are now claiming to be instructing VanguardLH "Don't waste you
time" makes even less sense since, clearly, he understands the concept
of how to find a patter to filter on for a kill file entry.
You being unable to grasp the most obvious in no-one's problem but
yours.

Not that your continued abuse deserves any explanation from my side,
but FYI, I know VanguardLH very, very well. IIRC, *I* pointed him to
this group. (He subscribed and continued to read and post.)
Post by Adam H. Kerman
You are unbelievable.
PKB to the max. You have a habit of 'shoot first, engage brain later'.
This has been yet another such an event.

[Unless you get your act together,] EOD.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-03-12 22:03:51 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
[...]
I didn't claim that you hadn't used a marks of elision. I stated that
you selectively quoted, leaving out the part that would make a useful
kill file entry, and then said the nonsensical "don't waste you time"
implying that following VanguardLH's advise would have been wasting
time.

The rest of your rationalizations have been snipped unread. I got it.
Thanks. No one can force you to apologize for your bad behavior on Usenet.

If you follow up again, you get the last lie.
Steve
2021-03-12 23:20:01 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
[...]
Don't you have anything better to do than being a prize
prick, Adam?
Frank Slootweg
2021-03-13 11:23:50 UTC
Adam H. Kerman <***@chinet.com> wrote:
[...]
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I didn't claim that you hadn't used a marks of elision. I stated that
you selectively quoted, leaving out the part that would make a useful
kill file entry, and then said the nonsensical "don't waste you time"
implying that following VanguardLH's advise would have been wasting
time.
I already said 'EOD', you didn't get your act together and Steve
already summarized it so eloquently, but since I'm such a resonable
person:

The kill file entry had already been posted, for the benefit of the OP
and anyone else, including you. There was no point to repeat it.

And for the umpteenth time: I did not imply that following
VanguardLH's advice was a waste of time, ofcourse not. I was saying that
*VanguardLH* was wasting his time by helping the (IMO) *non-legit OP*.

Got it *now*?
Stop talking to the mirror.
Sqwertz
2021-04-07 17:17:29 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
The kill file entry had already been posted, for the benefit of the OP
and anyone else, including you. There was no point to repeat it.
The answer was not posted. I said up front it needed to be an
XOVER header (or combination of them). And also like I said, I don't
have a PATH available to me on either of my servers. So it wouldn't
even work as a non-XOVER.

Usually as a last resort I can pick them off with of M-Id's if the
client doesn't generate its own and the server allows it. But it
seems Noedome wants to be especially annoying.
Post by Frank Slootweg
I was saying that
*VanguardLH* was wasting his time by helping the (IMO) *non-legit OP*.
Get the stick out of your ass. I've been posting here for a few
decades. I just didn't want to give the neodome troll the
satisfaction of knowing I couldn't killfile it. Nothing indicated I
I was ingenuine, so fuck you.
Post by Frank Slootweg
Got it *now*?
Nope.

-sw
Adam H. Kerman
2021-04-07 17:42:50 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Frank Slootweg
The kill file entry had already been posted, for the benefit of the OP
and anyone else, including you. There was no point to repeat it.
The answer was not posted. I said up front it needed to be an
XOVER header (or combination of them). And also like I said, I don't
have a PATH available to me on either of my servers. So it wouldn't
even work as a non-XOVER.
Usually as a last resort I can pick them off with of M-Id's if the
client doesn't generate its own and the server allows it. But it
seems Noedome wants to be especially annoying.
Frank Slootweg was unhelpful in this thread.

I've been kill filing on Injection-Info, which means yes, I'm not using
headers in XOVER process. I do kill file on specific crossposts in
Newsgroups, an XOVER header, but I've been doing this with lower
priority. With the flood, it became unpleasant.

Normally it met my needs.

The recent Hipcrime floods had patterns to find in the crossposts, so it
would have been possible to kill file on the Newsgroups header.
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Frank Slootweg
I was saying that *VanguardLH* was wasting his time by helping the (IMO)
*non-legit OP*.
Get the stick out of your ass. I've been posting here for a few
decades. I just didn't want to give the neodome troll the
satisfaction of knowing I couldn't killfile it. Nothing indicated I
I was ingenuine, so fuck you.
Heh

We all should have been looking down our noses at you for using Outhouse
Express, Microsoft's attempt to write a client to destroy the usability
of Usenet.
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Frank Slootweg
Got it *now*?
Nope.
Sqwertz
2021-04-08 05:38:20 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Sqwertz
Get the stick out of your ass. I've been posting here for a few
decades. I just didn't want to give the neodome troll the
satisfaction of knowing I couldn't killfile it. Nothing indicated I
I was ingenuine, so fuck you.
Heh
We all should have been looking down our noses at you for using Outhouse
Express, Microsoft's attempt to write a client to destroy the usability
of Usenet.
For the Official Record:

My user agent is randomized. I had a stalker that forged over 60,000
individual messages using my nick over the course of about 5 years.
He was (and still is) a very a busy and demented little boy. So when
I needed peace and quiet in a thread or group, I posted under a few
nyms and not with my "signature" newsreader - which is always 40tude
Dialog. BTW

Actually it's the same guy as the Neodome troll. He just gave up on
me and now forges a handful of other posters. He goes on meds once
out of every 3 years or so, then comes back a year or so later
re-inventing himself.

-sw
Adam H. Kerman
2021-04-08 17:04:10 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Sqwertz
Get the stick out of your ass. I've been posting here for a few
decades. I just didn't want to give the neodome troll the
satisfaction of knowing I couldn't killfile it. Nothing indicated I
I was ingenuine, so fuck you.
Heh
We all should have been looking down our noses at you for using Outhouse
Express, Microsoft's attempt to write a client to destroy the usability
of Usenet.
My user agent is randomized.
Ah, I see. That's a good idea. Condescending followup withdrawn.
. . .
Larry
How are you randomizing your signature?
Larry
2021-04-10 17:02:36 UTC
Post by Larry
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Sqwertz
[...]
DOH!

What I meant to ask was -
How are you randomizing your "User-Agent" header?
Frank Slootweg
2021-04-08 13:19:02 UTC
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Frank Slootweg
The kill file entry had already been posted, for the benefit of the OP
and anyone else, including you. There was no point to repeat it.
The answer was not posted. I said up front it needed to be an
XOVER header (or combination of them).
Your post looked more like a rant than a question, but yes, you talked
about XOVER.
Post by Sqwertz
And also like I said, I don't
have a PATH available to me on either of my servers. So it wouldn't
even work as a non-XOVER.
You said no such thing! You say it *now*, nearly *a month after*
the/your OP. Why didn't you respond when the 'dispute' was still going
on?
Post by Sqwertz
Usually as a last resort I can pick them off with of M-Id's if the
client doesn't generate its own and the server allows it. But it
seems Noedome wants to be especially annoying.
As I understand you're faking your User-Agent header: Which newsreader
do you actually use? On which platform?

FWIW, I use tin and let Hamster do the difficult (non-XOVER)
filtering. Filtering stuff from neodome.net would be a piece of cake.
Post by Sqwertz
Post by Frank Slootweg
I was saying that
*VanguardLH* was wasting his time by helping the (IMO) *non-legit OP*.
Get the stick out of your ass.
Easy does it! I suggest you follow the same procedure.
Post by Sqwertz
I've been posting here for a few
decades. I just didn't want to give the neodome troll the
satisfaction of knowing I couldn't killfile it. Nothing indicated I
I was ingenuine, so fuck you.
Well, I beg to differ. All these indications looked suss. If you want
to be anonymous, but legit, you'll need to be more upfront and clear.

And I've been posting here for nearly four decades, so the same to
you.

Now that we've got the hostility out of the way, I'm perfectly willing
to talk about the technical stuff. Your choice.
Sqwertz
2021-04-07 17:05:35 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by VanguardLH
Now you need how to get your NNTP client to download headers+body (to
get all of them instead of just the overview headers), so you can test
on ANY header whether overview or non-overview assuming your NNTP client
lets you test on ANY header, not just on overview headers.
To get help on Forte Agent to configure it to retrieve ALL of a message,
not just overview headers, and how to define filters on non-overview
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Don't waste you time. Besides using a bogus nym and a bogus e-mail
address, it plays around with its 'User-Agent:' header, none in the OP
and sofar two different ones (Forte Free Agent and News Rover).
So that makes my question invalid... how? Bogus nym and bogus
email... just like 98% of the rest of Usenet. And the User Agent
isn't important for the purposes of this question.

-sw
Eli the Bearded
2021-03-12 20:58:47 UTC
Post by AnonymousCoward
I haven't seen a path in the header for years. And PATH is not in
XOVER.
You haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't there.

For the sample article you included:

:r! getarticle-nntp '<***@4ax.com>' |head -1

For everything in References:

<0qd2I.52044$***@fx07.iad>

<s2cksm$a0h$***@dont-email.me>

<20r2I.2$***@fx43.iad>

What you find in XOVER can vary site to site. At Panix, by popular
request, XOVER includes NNTP-Posting-Host:

:r! nntplist overview.fmt
Xref:full
NNTP-Posting-Host:full

Unfortunately for this case, neodome.net does not set that header.

Elijah
------
but feel free to petition your news provider for Path in XOVER
Neodome Admin
2021-03-25 14:38:43 UTC
Post by Eli the Bearded
:r! nntplist overview.fmt
Xref:full
NNTP-Posting-Host:full
Unfortunately for this case, neodome.net does not set that header.
Neodome server sets Injection-Info header as specified in RFC 5536 (current
Usenet article standard.)
Neodome
Eli the Bearded
2021-03-25 17:14:48 UTC
Post by Neodome Admin
Post by Eli the Bearded
:r! nntplist overview.fmt
Post by Neodome Admin
Post by Eli the Bearded
NNTP-Posting-Host:full
Unfortunately for this case, neodome.net does not set that header.
Neodome server sets Injection-Info header as specified in RFC 5536 (current
Usenet article standard.)
I suppose that's something. It's a shame that RFC 5536 discourages
the use of the previously widespread NNTP-Posting-Host. The overview
database is not flexible enough to handle an OR case, adding both
is going to be a big increase in overview size, and news servers only
using Injection-Info are rare. (Smaller size being a big reason for
using overview instead of fetching all headers...)

The last change to the overview database here at Panix was several years
before RFC 5536 was issued. Checking notes I see it has begin including
NNTP-Posting-Host sometime between August 2001 and June 2002. RFC 5536
is from November 2009.

Elijah
------
with the amount of redundancy in headers these days...
Sqwertz
2021-04-07 17:29:17 UTC
Post by AnonymousCoward
What you find in XOVER can vary site to site. At Panix, by popular
:r! nntplist overview.fmt
Xref:full
NNTP-Posting-Host:full
Unfortunately for this case, neodome.net does not set that header.
Yes, another way that Neodome is being especially irritating.
Without a PATH I can't even tell who it's most common 1st hop peers
are. And you and you can;'t get "Original Message" off of Google
Groups anymore.

-sw
Neodome Admin
2021-04-10 01:06:05 UTC
Post by AnonymousCoward
I haven't seen a path in the header for years. And PATH is not in
XOVER.
You haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't there.
reader1.panix.com!panix!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!news.neodome.net!.POSTED!not-for-mail
reader1.panix.com!panix!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!sewer!alphared!news.uzoreto.com!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer04.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx07.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
reader1.panix.com!panix!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!gandalf.srv.welterde.de!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
reader1.panix.com!panix!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!sewer!alphared!news.uzoreto.com!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx43.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
What you find in XOVER can vary site to site. At Panix, by popular
:r! nntplist overview.fmt
Xref:full
NNTP-Posting-Host:full
Unfortunately for this case, neodome.net does not set that header.
Yes, another way that Neodome is being especially irritating.
Without a PATH I can't even tell who it's most common 1st hop peers
are.
You can use Injection-Info header to identify if message was posted on
Neodome.
Neodome
Frank Slootweg
2021-04-10 11:47:32 UTC
[...]
Post by Neodome Admin
Post by Sqwertz
Yes, another way that Neodome is being especially irritating.
Without a PATH I can't even tell who it's most common 1st hop peers
are.
You can use Injection-Info header to identify if message was posted on
Neodome.
Does that mean you set 'Path:' on your posts, but not on posts of your
users?

Anyway, as you mention, Sqwertz can use Injection-Info to filter. As
both Path and Injection-Info are normally not in the XOVER/overview
data, it doesn't matter which header needs to be used for filtering.
Neodome Admin
2021-04-11 09:53:35 UTC
Post by Frank Slootweg
[...]
Post by Neodome Admin
Post by Sqwertz
Yes, another way that Neodome is being especially irritating.
Without a PATH I can't even tell who it's most common 1st hop peers
are.
You can use Injection-Info header to identify if message was posted on
Neodome.
Does that mean you set 'Path:' on your posts, but not on posts of your
users?
No. Sqwertz is using one of commercial Usenet servers that don’t show
actual Path header to their users. For him, Path headers are exactly the
same for all messages.
Neodome
Frank Slootweg
2021-04-11 14:02:04 UTC
[Disclaimer: Better late than never.]

Sqwertz <***@gmail.invalid> wrote:
[...]
Post by Sqwertz
Yes, another way that Neodome is being especially irritating.
Without a PATH I can't even tell who it's most common 1st hop peers
are. And you and you can;'t get "Original Message" off of Google
Groups anymore.
I hadn't noted/absorbed this at first, but for most posts, you can get
the 'original message' from Howard Knight's 'Usenet Article Lookup'
site:

'Usenet Article Lookup'
<http://al.howardknight.net>

For example a direct URL (you can ofcourse search by putting the
Message-ID in the search box) for the article I'm responding to:

<http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3C1oje6fq3dvlrg.dlg%40sqwertz.com%3E>

HTH.

Joanna Shuttleworth
the plural is 'attorneys general'
Usenet Support Personnel
Fuck off with that bullshit.
andrew
2021-03-12 04:05:07 UTC
Post by Joanna Shuttleworth
[...]
Post by Usenet Support Personnel
It's time to get some more Attorney Generals to just shut down
Usenet - PERIOD. Fuck That Giganews/FBI lobby. It's time to
download some of that kiddie porn and publish it and document to the
World where exactly we got it from and who's hosting it. And why.
the plural is 'attorneys general'
I applaud you attention to detail :)

Andrew
Do you think that's air you're breathing?
Ralph Fox
2021-03-11 17:51:40 UTC
Subject: How do we block neodome.net?
1. See the Usenet Improvement Project
<http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html>
which shows how to block googlegroups in various news readers.

2. Look up your news reader (whichever it is) in the list, and
find the Usenet Improvement Project's method for your newsreader.

3. Adapt that method to block neodome instead of googlegroups.
--
Kind regards
Ralph
VanguardLH
2021-03-12 05:07:18 UTC
Usenet Support Personnel <***@gov.org> wrote:
\_______________________\____ Sorry, not believing you.
Post by Usenet Support Personnel
It used to be that we could block BAD news hosters by something in
their XOVERS. But how do we now block BAD news hosters who don't
provide any unique details in their XOVERS?
Test on the injection node specified in the PATH header. That's how,
for example, I catch the anonymous/mixmin/sewer posters. The server
prepends itself to that header. Clients can't touch it. Upon
submission, the NNTP server specifies itself in the PATH header as the
injection node (but resellers [of resellers [of resellers]]] may not get
identified and only whom they are reselling gets identified). As the
article bounces from NNTP server to NNTP server (peering), each NNTP
server prepends its ID to the PATH header.
VanguardLH
2021-03-12 05:09:43 UTC
Usenet Support Personnel <***@gov.org> wrote:
\_______________________\____ Still don't believe you.
Post by Usenet Support Personnel
It's time to get some more Attorney Generals to just shut down
Usenet - PERIOD. Fuck That Giganews/FBI lobby. It's time to
download some of that kiddie porn and publish it and document to the
World where exactly we got it from and who's hosting it. And why.
Yeah, you go right ahead and spend all that time in your altruistic
endeavor to find all that kiddie porn currently still available in
Usenet (is there any, anymore?). Then publicly publish those files and
where discovered, or report to the FBI what you found, to give examples
of what you downloaded, and from where. Possession of kiddie porn,
regardless of where you obtained it, whether or not you paid for it, and
whether or not you are involved in its distribution (which you claim you
will do) is a crime. You profess you will become part of the problem
that you claim you are against.