On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 20:19:35 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Poprocks Post by Johnny
I had been having two or three segfaults each day with Claws Mail.
I decided to completely remove it and download it from
claws-mail.org and compile it. That didn't work, it had a
segmentation fault in about two hours.
So I decided to erase my SSD and reinstall Linux Mint 20 Xfce and
It's been running two days without a Segfault.
Odd. I'm glad it's working, but I hate having to resort to that kind
of brute force methodology.
Perhaps your Claws was linked against some shared libraries that had
an underlying issue. Were your libraries all in sync with your
I haven't used Mint so I'm not exactly sure why it might be that it
wasn't working before but with a "reinstall" (dirty word to a
long-time non-Windows user) it magically starts working.
I've read the latest bug reports for Claws, and the only thing reported
is some column headers are in English, and some in Spanish.
I only know of one person in another group that has the same problem I
There have been a lot of power outages lately that have caused my
computer to shut down unexpectedly, and I started thinking that might
be causing problems, so I reinstalled the operating system, and
everything is still fine.