PAN newsreader and scoring on organization
Joshua
2021-03-27 10:43:30 UTC
I am trying to create a score in PAN newsreader from posters who use
Usenet.Farm as organization. However, nothing seems to work.

score:: =-9999

score:: =-9999

I've tried all possible combinations, but I guess I still must be doing
something wrong.

How do I filter on organization?

Michael Bäuerle
2021-03-27 10:53:39 UTC
Post by Joshua
[...]
score:: =-9999
On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 10:53:39 +0000, Michael Bäuerle wrote:

<snip>
Post by Michael Bäuerle
At least this looks like a typo. To match a literal "." in a regular
expression, you should use "\." (backslash *before* the dot).
Yeah, that's a typo when I wrote my post. I'd better use copy-paste the
next time! The scoring file is fine though. :)

score:: =-9999

Yet it won't do anything.

Tavis Ormandy
2021-03-27 16:28:10 UTC
Post by Joshua
Yeah, that's a typo when I wrote my post. I'd better use copy-paste the
next time! The scoring file is fine though. :)
score:: =-9999
Yet it won't do anything.
I don't know Pan, but it's common to only be allowed to filter on NOV
headers (Organization is not usually one). Check if it works as expected
on Message-ID or References - if it does, then that's probably the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOV_(computers)

There might be a setting somewhere to download all headers before
scoring.

Tavis.
--
_o) $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
/\\ _o) _o) $ finger ***@sdf.org
_\_V _( ) _( ) @taviso
Joshua
2021-03-28 09:08:17 UTC
On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 16:28:10 +0000, Tavis Ormandy wrote:

<snip>
Post by Tavis Ormandy
I don't know Pan, but it's common to only be allowed to filter on NOV
headers (Organization is not usually one). Check if it works as expected
on Message-ID or References - if it does, then that's probably the problem.
</snip>

I guess you're right: Message-ID, References, Subject, From -- these all
work fine.

I've now created a scoring rule to filter on "From" which functions quite
well.

Thanks for the info and the link,

AnonymousCoward
2021-03-27 17:39:23 UTC
Post by Joshua
<snip>
Post by Michael Bäuerle
At least this looks like a typo. To match a literal "." in a regular
expression, you should use "\." (backslash *before* the dot).
Yeah, that's a typo when I wrote my post. I'd better use copy-paste the
next time! The scoring file is fine though. :)
score:: =-9999
Because that's the wrong syntax:

Try this:

[*]