Xnews - Displaying Entire Thread
Boris
2021-07-04 20:15:13 UTC
Running Xnews 5.04.25

Actually, running the 'test' version, which is just the executable. I
originally installed the 5.04.25 full version for years, but had to
reinstall, and choose the test version.

But, now, only on some newsgroups, clicking on a post only gives the latest
Re: post of the original post. I have to click Get Parent to expose all of
the thread's posts, even though I have Storage:headers and articles
enabled.

Any ideas?
Nil
2021-07-06 21:20:05 UTC
Post by Boris
Running Xnews 5.04.25
Actually, running the 'test' version, which is just the
executable. I originally installed the 5.04.25 full version for
years, but had to reinstall, and choose the test version.
But, now, only on some newsgroups, clicking on a post only gives
the latest Re: post of the original post. I have to click Get
Parent to expose all of the thread's posts, even though I have
Storage:headers and articles enabled.
Any ideas?
Maybe your news service has renumbered their articles. Try doing a
Catchup (F8) and if necessary, re-download the latest X number of
headers (Ctrl+Enter). You might have to do this to every newsgroup, but
try one small misbehaving one first.
Boris
2021-07-07 21:06:51 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Boris
Running Xnews 5.04.25
Actually, running the 'test' version, which is just the
executable. I originally installed the 5.04.25 full version for
years, but had to reinstall, and choose the test version.
But, now, only on some newsgroups, clicking on a post only gives
the latest Re: post of the original post. I have to click Get
Parent to expose all of the thread's posts, even though I have
Storage:headers and articles enabled.
Any ideas?
Maybe your news service has renumbered their articles. Try doing a
Catchup (F8) and if necessary, re-download the latest X number of
headers (Ctrl+Enter). You might have to do this to every newsgroup, but
try one small misbehaving one first.
Thanks for the reply.

I did try the above, but no luck. It doubled the articles and assigned
each double the same number as the 'original'article. See here:

https://postimg.cc/rd4tYfFh