Gravity - restore ignored thred
Jim S
2020-07-05 09:34:05 UTC
Microplanet gravity v3.0.4
Can I restore an thread that I 'ignored' by accident?
Jim S
Tekkie®
2020-07-09 20:16:35 UTC
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 10:34:05 +0100, Jim S posted for all of us
to digest...
Post by Jim S
Microplanet gravity v3.0.4
Can I restore an thread that I 'ignored' by accident?
go to View > Other windows > Ignore list > pick and choose!
Tekkie
Lewis
2020-07-09 22:16:55 UTC
Post by Jim S
Microplanet gravity v3.0.4
Can I restore an thread that I 'ignored' by accident?
go to View > Other windows > Ignore list > pick and choose!
You might want to go to grc.com and find the new version of Gravity that
Steve Gibson compiled. It fixes a couple of issues (including a crashing
bug in base64 or MIME or something).

The fix wasn't added to the source because no one from the project is
active and haven't reply to Steve about adding the fixes in.

(The other fix, iirc, had to do with a 2020 embedded bug that assumed any
two digit year <20 was in 2000 and =>20 was in 1900.)

<https://www.grc.com/freeupdated.htm>
<https://www.grc.com/discussions.htm>

(I don't use Gravity, never have, but I was present during the
discussions about fixing it).
'It's easy to hold everything in common when no one's got anything.'
mick
2020-07-10 12:24:21 UTC
Post by Jim S
Microplanet gravity v3.0.4
Can I restore an thread that I 'ignored' by accident?
go to View > Other windows > Ignore list > pick and choose!
You might want to go to grc.com and find the new version of Gravity that
Steve Gibson compiled. It fixes a couple of issues (including a crashing
bug in base64 or MIME or something).
The fix wasn't added to the source because no one from the project is
active and haven't reply to Steve about adding the fixes in.
(The other fix, iirc, had to do with a 2020 embedded bug that assumed any
two digit year <20 was in 2000 and =>20 was in 1900.)
<https://www.grc.com/freeupdated.htm>
<https://www.grc.com/discussions.htm>
(I don't use Gravity, never have, but I was present during the
discussions about fixing it).
Thank you for those useful links.
mick
Tekkie®
2020-07-11 20:58:23 UTC
On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 22:16:55 -0000 (UTC), Lewis posted for all
of us to digest...
Post by Jim S
Microplanet gravity v3.0.4
Can I restore an thread that I 'ignored' by accident?
go to View > Other windows > Ignore list > pick and choose!
You might want to go to grc.com and find the new version of Gravity that
Steve Gibson compiled. It fixes a couple of issues (including a crashing
bug in base64 or MIME or something).
The fix wasn't added to the source because no one from the project is
active and haven't reply to Steve about adding the fixes in.
(The other fix, iirc, had to do with a 2020 embedded bug that assumed any
two digit year <20 was in 2000 and =>20 was in 1900.)
<https://www.grc.com/freeupdated.htm>
<https://www.grc.com/discussions.htm>
(I don't use Gravity, never have, but I was present during the
discussions about fixing it).
Thanks, I'll go there next..
Tekkie
Dave Garrett
2020-07-12 23:52:14 UTC
Post by Jim S
Microplanet gravity v3.0.4
Can I restore an thread that I 'ignored' by accident?
go to View > Other windows > Ignore list > pick and choose!
You might want to go to grc.com and find the new version of Gravity that
Steve Gibson compiled. It fixes a couple of issues (including a crashing
bug in base64 or MIME or something).
The fix wasn't added to the source because no one from the project is
active and haven't reply to Steve about adding the fixes in.
(The other fix, iirc, had to do with a 2020 embedded bug that assumed any
two digit year <20 was in 2000 and =>20 was in 1900.)
<https://www.grc.com/freeupdated.htm>
<https://www.grc.com/discussions.htm>
(I don't use Gravity, never have, but I was present during the
discussions about fixing it).
Thank you for posting this useful information. After downloading and
running the new installer, the fix for the 2020 embedded bug certainly
appears to have resolved a particularly irritating problem I've been
having with 3.0.4 over the past several months. New threads in every
subscribed newsgroup suddenly started showing up at seemingly random
locations in the article display pane, as opposed to chronologically
from oldest to newest. After repeatedly checking all of the Gravity
config settings, I'd just about convinced myself that the issue was with
my newsserver.

3.0.10 is a very welcome release, and it's nice to see that there is
still enough of a user base to warrant some ongoing break-fix
development.
Dave
Jim S
2020-07-13 17:30:23 UTC
Post by Dave Garrett
Post by Jim S
[...]
The freeupdated is blocked.
Jim S
mick
2020-07-13 18:10:48 UTC
Post by Jim S
Post by Dave Garrett
Post by Jim S
[...]
It's working for me Jim.
Try this link https://www.grc.com/freepopular.htm
You will find Gravity half way down the page, it's Gravity 3.0.10 that
installs on the computer but I think the installer is 3.0.08.
I have also installed the Gallery.exe file from an old 2.6.0 version
and it works fine giving back the Gallery function of the latest
version.
mick
Jim S
2020-07-13 19:54:00 UTC
Post by mick
Post by Jim S
Post by Dave Garrett
Post by Jim S
[...]
Thanks Mick I just ignored all the warnings and it loaded OK.
Jim S
Jim S
2020-07-09 22:56:32 UTC
Post by Jim S
Microplanet gravity v3.0.4
Can I restore an thread that I 'ignored' by accident?
go to View > Other windows > Ignore list > pick and choose!
Thanks.
I did that, but forgot what I ignored as I ignore so many threads :-)
--
Jim S