Xnews: Where is Score.ini ?
Boris
2021-03-11 00:18:43 UTC
In the [Misc] section of my Xnews.ini file, I have KeptScore=8888, and
ScoreFileLoadOpt=0.

But where is the score.ini fine located?
s|b
2021-03-12 09:20:22 UTC
Post by Boris
In the [Misc] section of my Xnews.ini file, I have KeptScore=8888, and
ScoreFileLoadOpt=0.
But where is the score.ini fine located?
In the main folder, same as xnews.exe.
s|b
Boris
2021-03-12 19:08:57 UTC
Post by s|b
Post by Boris
In the [Misc] section of my Xnews.ini file, I have KeptScore=8888, and
ScoreFileLoadOpt=0.
But where is the score.ini fine located?
In the main folder, same as xnews.exe.
Thanks for the reply.

I have Xnews installed on two machines, and I've searched for score.ini on
the entire drive of both machines.

I, too, expected it to be in the same folder as the application, but
noooooo...
s|b
2021-03-17 14:29:59 UTC
Post by Boris
Thanks for the reply.
I have Xnews installed on two machines, and I've searched for score.ini on
the entire drive of both machines.
I, too, expected it to be in the same folder as the application, but
noooooo...
Is Scoring enabled and it there actually a score file?

Special > Enable Scoring
Special > Edit Score File

It should be created automatically.
s|b
Boris
2021-03-18 18:06:33 UTC
Post by s|b
Post by Boris
Thanks for the reply.
I have Xnews installed on two machines, and I've searched for score.ini on
the entire drive of both machines.
I, too, expected it to be in the same folder as the application, but
noooooo...
Is Scoring enabled and it there actually a score file?
Special > Enable Scoring
Special > Edit Score File
It should be created automatically.
Scoring is enabled.

Special>Edit Score File gives "No score file found. Create new?"
Yes> presents Notepad with remarks stating how to create a score.ini.

I did.

https://postimg.cc/WFvn71fc

All along, because I'd been scoring posts, I though there was a score.ini,
but there wasn't. Either a glitch, or I didn't understand.

Thanks.
s|b
2021-03-23 17:11:13 UTC
Post by Boris
Scoring is enabled.
Special>Edit Score File gives "No score file found. Create new?"
Yes> presents Notepad with remarks stating how to create a score.ini.
I did.
https://postimg.cc/WFvn71fc
All along, because I'd been scoring posts, I though there was a score.ini,
but there wasn't. Either a glitch, or I didn't understand.
It must be somewhere and it's not a hidden file AFAIK. I thought it
might have something to do with the version you are using, but
change.txt doesn't say anything about scoring in later (test) versions.

<http://web.archive.org/web/20070511235128/http://xnews.newsguy.com/test/change.txt>
s|b
Ammammata
2021-03-25 09:57:19 UTC
Il giorno Thu 18 Mar 2021 07:06:33p, *Boris* ha inviato su
Post by Boris
Scoring is enabled.
Special>Edit Score File gives "No score file found. Create new?"
Yes> presents Notepad with remarks stating how to create a score.ini.
I did.
https://postimg.cc/WFvn71fc
All along, because I'd been scoring posts, I though there was a
score.ini, but there wasn't. Either a glitch, or I didn't understand.

since xnews is in program files folder, check if you have WRITE rights
--